Senior Software Engineer – Toronto, ON
Looking to be in on the ground floor of a well-funded downtown Toronto startup? Chatter Research is looking to hire a permanent Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack). Backed by VC funding from the USA and Canada, we are looking for a senior developer with strong leadership skills.
Chatter Research offers the services and tools to allow retailers and hospitaliers to dramatically improve customer engagement through our comprehensive program of coaching, predictive analytics, and real-time insights.
We offer a better customer feedback experience. AI-driven insights and analytics unlock the power of qualitative feedback. This is all delivered in real-time, right after the interaction with a product, service or experience.
We believe in ourselves and so do our customers and investors. Our customers include Lush, Mastermind Toys, Purdys Chocaltier, Fanatics, CFL, and the San Francisco 49ers. With venture capital from the USA (500 Startups, Relay Ventures) and Canada (RFI) we are going to go the distance.
What we are looking for…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent hacking experience
- 6 or more years’ experience in software development
- A strong understanding of test-driven development
- Solid understanding of web standards and CSS
- Solid understanding of relational database principles, ability to read and write SQL
- Self-starter, self learner
- Strong written/spoken communication skills
- Experience scaling B2B Saas infrastructure
- IaaS scaling in Google Cloud via Docker, K8s
Choose Chatter Research…
- If you enjoy a fair bit of autonomy in how you work.
- If you want to have your skills celebrated as we roll out great product.
- If you want your work to be meaningful and impactful.
- If you want to work on a team that is as interested in motivating you as you want to be motivated.
- If you are good with a competitive salary, options, and whatever vacation you need to get the job done.
You will thrive with us if you have…
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent hacking experience (Rails, React, PostgresQL), deployed platforms at scale (K8s, Docker), an understanding of algorithms, data structures, design patterns and persistence technologies.
- Experience building visually delightful responsive web applications and translating mock-ups into a site that provides the best UX possible.
- Test driven development experience.
- Passion and drive to contribute in a dynamic startup environment. We want people that want to be part of a fun, energetic culture.
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Vacation
- Work From Home Flexibility
- Flexible Work Schedule